Monday, October 18, 2010

October 18...Moab (Day 12)

(Kim's Perspective)
We hit The Slickrock Trail today...




....on our feet.





I wasn't about to bother biking it. I simply would have been taking my bike for a walk. No thanks. Cool trail though - but for seriously skilled riders - of which I am not. It was hard walking sections of it. See the white blazes? Yeah...that's the trail.





Some other shots...



The trail was initially built for dirt bike riders in the late 60s. That's just as crazy.


There are tons of OHV and 4WD trails...



We checked out the rest of the Sand Flats Recreation Area


and then made our way to Arches for one last hike in the park.

I wanted to see Landscape Arch - the longest arch in the world. It's nearly the length of a football field - 290 feet.


I was messing with the camera settings so the color's not so great in this one, but here's some perspective on scale...


The hike was quite scenic.











We even got to see a dinosaur... :)


We watched the sunset


and then went into town for dinner at the Moab Diner. Meh. It was food and we were hungry - it served a purpose.

A good day overall. The landscape was beautiful, the weather was pleasant, the activities were entertaining, the company was nice - it doesn't need to get much better than that.

No comments: