Saturday, October 16, 2010

October 16...Moab (Day 10)

(Kim's Perspective)
Today sucked. I took Nyquil last night and slept till 11am. I'm still fighting this stinking cold. Bill took care of the Boys and let me sleep. When I got up, I had a small breakfast (okay, fine, lunch) and then worked on the blog a bit. We were both tired and instead of going to do the last hike in Arches that I want to get in before we leave, we decided we'd call today "recovery day", do nothing, and extend our stay another day. Deal.

Unfortunately, mid-afternoon we got a call from our vet. Raven had been taken in a few days ago for a wound on her paw and was being treated for an infection. We had spoken to Cheryl and asked Dr. M to keep her at the hospital a few days to make sure she got her meds and got all healed up. She was responding well and was eating and drinking but for some unknown reason, she died overnight. I feel horrible for leaving the cats behind and for being gone so long. She wasn't a healthy cat per se - she was on a couple of different meds for a heart problem and we lovingly referred to her as the Cockroach because after several near death experiences in the past, she just wouldn't die. Still, it totally sucks. She was a sweet and lovable cat and we had her for 11 years. I cried awhile and didn't feel like doing anything or going anywhere so when I finally got myself together, I finished catching up on the blog. We also found out that Darci and Jon's dog, Sully-Bear, had to be put down last night. That sucks bad too. He was a sweet boy and I know they're really going to miss him.

So...that was today. Definitely not a good day. I'm trying to keep everything in perspective though. Hopefully Lane won't be too lonely for the next couple weeks before we get home. :(

It's about 8:30 now and I think some vegging is in order. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments: