Knowing we should get an early start, we rolled out of bed at 7am to make preparations for our departure. Bill called Dishman Dodge to tell them about the issue we now had with our tire pressure monitoring system. It is just me or every time you take your vehicle in to a dealer, something else goes wrong? I have some choice words for that, but I will refrain.
Anyway, I wasn’t feeling so great so Bill left for the dealership at 9 and I stayed behind to rest awhile.
Timing was perfect. Bill got back at 11am moments after I woke up. Haven’t been sleeping well, so a two hour nap is always welcomed. We, and by that I mean Bill, hitched up the trailer. In my current state, I am unable to do much – which kills me. We have a nice routine and it is currently out of whack. Stupid ribs.
Surprisingly, even with my limited assistance, we dumped the tanks and left Liberty Lake park at 12:31. It’s good not to have frivolous packing and time sucking tasks that take hours instead of minutes to complete before you’re road-ready. Simplicity and efficiency are wonderful things.
On our way out of town, we stopped at Petsmart for ear goo for Merlin. He’s been scratching at his ear a bit so I wanted to get something for it while we were near civilization.
We headed up 395 and got propane in Kettle Falls. The guy who was filling the tanks mentioned that the nearby campground was nice. Since it was getting late in the day, we decided to check it out. It wasn’t shabby, so we found a spot and paid for two nights since we weren’t prepared to try and find another campground with available sites on a Saturday. Besides, at $10 a night – you can’t beat it.
We were all set up by 5pm. Bill took his bike to check out the campground and the marina area.
I sat outside with the Boys and read awhile. Once Bill got back, we relaxed for awhile longer then took the dogs for a walk. We were gone about an hour and a half which pretty much wiped me out. Shocking how much you twist, turn, and jostle around just walking. Ow.
We got back around 8:15 and made dinner. Made isn’t really the right word I guess. Reheated would be more accurate. It was leftover beef wellington – YUM – not quite as tasty reheated, but still incredibly good and far better than anything we would have come up with on our own. I wonder how beef wellington would endure a shipment cross country???
We needed to use up some of the apples we had, so I baked them, and called it dessert. It wasn’t dessert. It was just something to do with the apples. Dessert implies something tasty. These were just hot apples with a bunch of sugary, marshmallowey goo on them. Bill tried to humor me and tell me they were good. That was sweet of him. Sigh…baking fail.
No comments:
Post a Comment