Friday, September 10, 2010

September 10...Illahee State Park (Day 3)

(Kim's Perspective)
I spent the entire day trying to catch up on the blog. Literally the entire day. I started at 10 am and stopped at 6pm. Even after 8 hours of typing, copying and compressing pics for upload, I still didn't get totally caught up. Someone better be reading this. :P

We left around 6:30 and went to the Mart to pick up bread and a few other grocery items and then stopped at Simply Pho for another round of pho and jap chae. This time, we each got an order of jap chae. The waitress looked at us like we were crazy. The guy who brought our food commented that we must have come with big appetites tonight. I snickered. Yes, I'm a pasty white American who overeats and indulges herself with two of her favorite meals at once. I was going to say "I'm not eating ALL of it tonight!", but I figured this was the last time we'd be eating there and their opinion of my gluttony was of no consequence to me. :) For the record, we both brought large quantities of jap chae home. This stuff doesn't just grow on trees you know. It's hard to come by when your cross country travels generally only take you (via back roads through podunk towns) to National Parks and Forests. What can I say? I'll weigh in when we return. :)

While dining, the music selection continued to entertain. If you're bored, here's a little lyric trivia mash up... what six songs did we hear while we were there?

The forests will echo with laughter
and will reminisce about the days of old

It's closer to the truth to say
the days go by like a strand in the wind

but one of these nights you will lay your weary head to rest
and will cry no more.

We came home and I suffered from the pho experience. It was too good to be true. No way can I eat pho twice in a matter of days and not have it result in intestinal distress. Oh well. Still so tasty. Some things are just worth suffering for. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

stairway to heaven
old time rock and roll
dont know
some Fleetwood Mac song?
uh... one of these nights?
carry on wayward son