Haven't updated the blog in a few days and I don't recall what our early morning was like on the 28th - probably something like "brrr...it's cold out there, let's go back to bed" - but I do recall us checking out the town of Stanley and looking for a laundromat. Stanley, with a whopping population of 100 (yes, 100) offers a fair amount for its dinky size: the post office, the general mercantile, several gift shops and outdoor stores, a couple lodges and hotels, a handful of restaurants and of course, saloons.
In need of some clean drawers, but no available washers at the Stanley Laundromat, we talked to a local and asked about possible dirt bike or ATV rentals in the area. No go there - it's more of a mountain biking and fishing town, but we did get a recommendation (once she learned we had a 4x4) to take a scenic dirt road to Lower Stanley (the original town of Stanley that got ousted). We thanked her for the advice, jumped in the truck, and went searching for the scenic drive.
Wow.
Most everywhere around here, the cattle roam freely...
Mooooove, get out da way, get out da way....ha ha ha ha hahahahaha!!
We found a side road off of the main dirt road and drove to investigate...
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it was freaking steep.
My view from inside the truck...I really wasn't certain we'd make it...
Since all I could see was the sky as we drove up, I felt like I was on an amusement park ride that was going to launch me into space...
Fortunately, the RAM (and truly, the tires) performed flawlessly. It was pretty incredible at the top. I have a kickin' video, but it's too big to upload. :(
We encountered a little rain, but the storm rolled through pretty quickly.
After the scenic drive, we took the Boys to a wilderness area trailhead to romp in the water...
They signed in like any responsible user should...
And enjoyed themselves immensely...
The Boys were beat from playing...
...and another storm brought some additional light, sporadic rain so we decided it would be the perfect time to go get that laundry done. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment